Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Update on our journey

Just wanted to give everyone an update on what is happening with us. We have been very busy getting everything together for our fund raiser. We have so many amazing baskets to raffle off. We also have several very nice items to use for our silent auction. I will be listing those next week and anyone who would like to bid on them can let me know. Some of the jewelry pieces, gift certificates for jewelry to be made, and overnight stays can be used by anyone even if out of state. We also will have cookbooks for sale that will be available before Christmas. They are $10 each and shipping is $2.50. Also if you are a coffee drinker, our store is now up and running. You can purchase coffee and $5 of each bag goes towards our adoption. Here is the link.

We are not on the waiting list as of yet but were told that we are the only family that is waiting for siblings. So it looks like we will be number one on that list. We are not sure where we will be on the infant boy list but we think it will be around number five. We are just waiting for our home study to be signed by our social worker who then has to mail it to the home study agency. After it is notarized, it will then be sent to our adoption agency in Colorado. At that point we will be able to apply for grants and a no interest loan that would be very helpful if we get a referral before we file our income taxes for next year. I am still shock that we are only 2 months into this process and are almost ready to be on a list.

God continues to amaze me through this process. In fifteen years of walking with Him, I have never appreciated His grace and mercy more than I do now. My heart though has been very heavy these past several days. We have heard that orphanages are seeing record numbers of toddlers being dropped off to them. I can't imagine having only the choice of having my child starve to death or be placed in an orphanage. This has kept me awake at night in prayer. I know that my joy comes from another woman's pain. That is hard some times. I pray that I will be faithful to care for that in which God entrust me with.

Thanks to all of you for your support. We have been blown away by your kindness to us. Thanks to all of the men who unselfishly served us and helped get our roof on. We so look forward to November 8th and having you all there to celebrate the gift of adoption with. Please continue to pray for us as we walk this journey.

3 comments:

  1. I am often amazed by who good God is to us. And how we can forget over and over and yet He still continues to make everything great. I cannot wait to hear that you are officially on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the best to you! On the subject of international adoption, I'd love you to check out this 30 sec video -- http://www.ahamoment.com/vote/kathy -- about the 'aha moment' of a woman realized there was a child out there waiting for her. If you like her story, vote for it with one simple click, as the top vote-getters will be used as aha moment TV commercials next year. Voting ends Oct 31.

    Thx,

    jack@ahamoment.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you get your HS and get on the list soon :) It's neat to think that more than likely our children will live with each other in ETH and near each other once we're each home:)

    ReplyDelete