Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Has not my hand made all these things,
and so they came into being?"
declares the LORD.
"This is the one I esteem:
he who is humble and contrite in spirit,
and trembles at my word. Isaiah 66:2

I was listening to a teaching from Frances Chan at Passion 2010. He really challenged us to look at our lives and see if we really tremble at the Word of God. I must say that for many years, tremble would not be a word that I use to describe what I felt when I read the Bible. These past two years I have experienced an increase in my hunger for the Word!! I think that is why I have enjoyed listening to men like Frances Chan, Matt Chandler and John Piper. I have seen that as I have grown and been eating meat(spiritual), milk no longer satisfies. But even taking all of that into consideration, I still have not trembled at God's word. Yet God's word says that this is who He esteems.

So this year I am not starting out with a bunch of resolutions. I do have just a few:

1. I am crying out to the Lord that I would tremble at His word. Not only tremble at it but really do it!! I am tired of hearing great messages, reading great books, and reading the Bible and not really walking boldly then in what the Word says! This year will be different.
2. God's word says that we are to take up our cross daily. I want to daily do this. Taking up my cross means dying daily to my desires, my flesh, my comfort and anything else that I can put the word my in front of. This year I am choosing to focus on daily doing this. I tremble as I write this because I know that dying is not easy.
3. I am no longer going to make apologies for my passion for God, for His Word, and my passion to see what is declared in scripture to be lived out in His church. I have asked myself continuously, "Do I really believe all of God's word?" His challenge back to me is to then walk it what I believe. So this year I am going to do just that!

On the adoption side of things, we are just waiting to hear about a court date. Once we receive a court date we will have a better idea of when we will travel. I have been busy getting stuff ready to get his room ready. Can't wait to get him home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment