Wednesday, October 6, 2010

6 Months Home......Really??

Six months ago this week, we held Noah in our arms for the first time. Where has the time gone?? In some ways it seems like yesterday and in other ways it seems like he has been here with us forever! We have come such a long way since that time.

I have heard that the one month, two month and six month home marks are monumental in seeing changes with the children. I would have to agree. As we got close to the 6 month mark, Noah's language has exploded. He is understanding so much more but better than that is that he is communicating so much more. Some of that is because he knows more English but most of it is because he is more settled and feels safe. He is now expressing his feelings, wants and needs. He has quite the sense of humor and loves to make us all laugh. He is incredibly affectionate with us. At times I feel as if my heart might burst with how crazy in love I am with this kid! All I can say is that adoption ROCKS!!! The joy and laughter that has been added to our home because of Faith and Noah is worth every tear, every night of lost sleep and every penny spent!! Who knows......we may have to just do this again:)....to be continued...........


We are now in the process of moving. Two and a half years ago, God began knitting our hearts with a church community almost a hour away. I have written about our journey in other posts. In the beginning of September we had an awesome opportunity present itself concerning our housing. God opened some doors in order for us to move forward. As we have been studying what it means to be on "mission", we have begun to look at our lives in a completely different way. As hard as this is to move, I wouldn't want to be doing anything else. This season is a time a shedding for us and I feel more alive than I have in a long time. Please pray for us and especially our children. This transition is going to be hard especially for Faith but we are believing that God is at work in her heart and preparing her for the good works that He has planned for her.


So the crazy ride called life continues for us. I couldn't do any of this without the grace of God and the most wonderful husband and father I know!! I leave you with a couple of pictures.






7 comments:

  1. Oh, Monica! I have followed your adoption story with Noah since the beginning because that's when we first got signed up with the same agency. I'm so glad you are all doing well. Noah is simply delightful! So thankful to God that He gave you all to one another!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how happy and healthy he looks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I read this it's very hard to put into words how I feel as tears stream down my face and even your words have the spirit of God in them......we serve an awesome God! Thanks you for being obedient to Him, I see Jesus in you.....love you sista!! Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. how exciting thinking back to 6 months ago when you were meeting Noah!!! glad that all is going so well for him. we'll be praying for your move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to have shared this journey with you-and can't wait to see what's coming next for your family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Live in such a way that demands an explanation"... Go, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved catching up with you today Monica -- I miss you. Noah is just ridiculous in every way. The last picture with his hand on Faith's leg brings tears to my eyes. I dare anyone to tell me those two aren't brother and sister. You know how I roll, so you know all my love is behind this: I send you all my positive thoughts and good feelings your way in your new adventure. I know without a doubt that you are on the path you should be. All is right in your world, my friend, and you are living your life in a way that makes a difference. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete