Sunday, December 6, 2009

6 years ago......

So this morning I woke up thinking that it was December 5th only to realize that it is the 6th:( You see December 5th is the day that Faith officially became a Robinson six years ago. So today we will celebrate like it is the 5th because her daddy will be home from work and that will make the celebration even better! My heart is so full as I reflect on our journey that led us to our baby girl! I am amazed at our God's mercy. You see I don't deserve any of this. In 1994 my life was a mess, my marriage was over and then God stepped in. Not only did He save me and heal me, He restored my marriage!! Then as if that wasn't enough, He promised to add children to our family. It was a seven year journey to Faith. I knew that He had promised us a child, actually a son who would look nothing like us, is what I believed in my heart. It was seven years of praying, fasting, repenting, and laying my desires at the foot of the Cross. Little did I know when that phone rang on October 4th letting us know that they had a baby and would bringing her to us, the joy that she would be. The fifteen months leading up to her Gotcha Day were some of the hardest yet sweetest days. I learned more about God's love for me through that time than any other. I learned to walk in a greater dependence on the Lord. I began to understand my adoption in Christ in an even greater way. Leading up to the time that Faith came to live with us, I thought so much about what we would be doing for a child. Little did I realize that it would become more about what having her has done for me. So today we celebrate God's gift to us. We remember the courage of her birth mom to realize that she was unable to parent! We thank God for all of the joy, laughter, tears, and fun that have been added to our home because of Faith. Well I have tried to add a picture and after 5 time of my computer crashing, I have to stop and get ready for church. So Happy Gotcha Day Faith!! We love you and are so glad God chose you to be ours!!


By the way, we now only need $2670 to accept our referral! Woohoo! God provided $425 in two days!

No comments:

Post a Comment