Saturday, December 19, 2009

Does He Know Its Christmas Time??

Last night I took Faith to the mall to do a little shopping and have dinner. One of her favorite things to do during this season is to ride the train. As she was riding, I began to cry. I was enjoying watching my little girl enjoy something so simple. I was imagining what my life would have looked like without her in it. I can never thank God enough for the joy that He has given me through this little girl. I was thinking about our little guy a continent away and wondering what Christmas will look like next year with him home!
This year we have taken a different approach to Christmas. We have slowed the pace way down. We have decided to be intentional in our focus. We bought an Advent wreath and candles and have been joyously anticipating the coming of our Savior. It has been so fun watching Faith see Christmas for its true meaning. I have asked myself if I wait for Christ return with as much anticipation as I wait for my son to come to America.
In the midst of all of the joy of the season a part of my heart is missing. It is on another Continent thousands of miles away. It is with a little boy who doesn't even know yet that he has a mom, dad, brother and sisters who can't wait to get him here! Does he know that his next Christmas will be completely different? Please pray that a court date would be granted soon!
I will leave you with one of my favorite Christmas songs. When this video first came out I loved it. Not because of its meaning but because most of my favorite singers at the time where in it! Little did I know that as I sang this song for so many years, that I would be adopting from the place that they were singing about. So enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment