Sunday, December 13, 2009

How is it possible???.......

How is it possible to have so much love for a child that you have only seen in pictures?? I am amazed by this. I feel so much love for him that at times I think my heart might just explode! As I think about horizontal adoption, I am led then to think about my vertical adoption. God's word says: I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.Ephesians 3:16-19. To know this love that surpasses knowledge.....So could it be that I am beginning to understand this verse at a heart level and not just head level?? How amazing is it to know that God who knows everything about us, yes every thought, even the ones that you would not want anyone to know, loves us like this?? This is what leads me to fall on my face and worship!!! If you even have the slightest conviction to adopt, I say do it. The amazing thing about this is not what our son receives from this adoption(although that is important) but more so how much more I get to know and understand the love of my heavenly father! As I begin to get a hold of this love, the more I desire to be like Him!

1 comment:

  1. It is amazing, isn't it? And I agree...adoption has taught me a lot about the way God loves us. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete