Saturday, April 24, 2010

Two Weeks Home


I can hardly believe that we have already been home for 2 weeks! We have definitely gotten into a routine and life is good!! Noah's adjustment has been great. The first week was rough but for the most part he has adjusted so well. It has been so good to have Doug home with us. Next week will be Doug's last full week home with us. We have become very spoiled by having him here with us. It has been great for Noah to have this time to bond with Doug.

We have kept our boundaries very small with him. We have had entire week with no tantrums and very little crying. There was two days when he just has a very sad look in his eyes. It was so hard as his mom to see the sadness and not know what to do for him. After asking him many questions in Amharic, I finally just took him into my lap and prayed and cried out to the Lord for him. Later I came across this article. The grief of adoption is very real. We are believing for the Lord to use all of Noah's pain for His glory!

Noah's english is increasing every day. I can't believe how many new words he uses each day. He is quite the character and loves to make all of us laugh. He is responding very well to correction but we do realize that a time of testing will come. However, we are greatly enjoying this season.

We were able to take Noah to a park one morning this week. It is so fun to experience these things through the eyes of a child. He usually has a look of wonder in his eyes as he sees all the new things. As I am watching him, the Lord continues to speak to me about my adoption in Christ. The question that keeps coming to me is if I still look at the things of God with wonder and excitement. I have been praying for fresh vision as I look deeper into the Word of God. Doug will be taking over the blog to do some posting about our trip.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the transition is going well for all of you! And what a blessing to have Doug home-that is great! I'm looking forward to reading Doug's travel blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love hearing good news! I'll keep praying for his adjustment and mourining...Don't know if you've read The Connected Child(by Karen Purvis)..it has very practical ideas for dealing with behavior, grief, etc..:).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that picture...He is so sweet. Thanks for all of your advice/encouragement as I prepare to go! You're a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I've been thinking about what you've talked about thinking about your adoption in Christ, this quote I had on my blog from Deborah Gray (author of Attaching in Adoption) just keeps coming into my head...just thought I'd share it with you.
    "I have come to acknowledge myself as an attachment-disordered child of a loving God,
    slow to trust and confused between life and God,
    in spite of evidence of love."
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. glad that things are coming along smoothly for you. can't wait to meet him (and you, too :)

    ReplyDelete