Thursday, May 6, 2010

I have a BIG mouth!!!!

Did I get your attention?? I hope so! I know that those of you who know me well are probably saying that you have known that for a long time. My husband actually calls my family the loud family. I remember reading in scripture that as a woman I was to have a quiet and gentle spirit. I remember laughing with God and wondering how that would ever be possible. I later found out that quiet meant to have a firm trust in God. Whew!!I also believe that God has redeemed all of me including my mouth. I now choose to use it for the purposes of God.

So here I go. Most of you who know me and have spent any time chatting with me are aware of a ministry that we support called Drawn From Water. You can click on the link and read more about what they are doing for tribal children in Africa. We had the privilege when we were picking up Noah to spend time with Levi, Jessie, and their children. We also got to love on three children that were considered "mingi" and had been rescued by this ministry. To say that this was one of the highlights of our trip would be an understatement. They are incredibly humble people who left everything here in the States to answer the call of God and participate in saving children's lives. Their family's sacrifice was provoking. The sacrifices continue and now they have an urgent need. There are several women that are now pregnant with mingi babies. They are trying to raise the funds in order to rent a vehicle to make another trip to the tribes in order to speak to the elders of the tribe and make a plea to them for the lives of these babies. Some one has purchased a vehicle for them but they have been waiting for two months to get it through customs. When we met with Levi, I told him that I would come home and use my BIG mouth to make people aware of this ministry. You have an opportunity to participate in the saving of children's lives. My request is that you would pray for Levi, Jessie and their family! I do not remember how long of a journey it is to the tribes but I know that it is long and difficult. Please pray for the elders of the tribes. Please pray that God would open their eyes to lies concerning mingi. Second that you would consider sponsoring one of these rescue trips. The cost for the trip is $800.

No comments:

Post a Comment