Sunday, May 9, 2010

One Month Home:)


It is hard to believe that we have already been home a month. In some ways I can't remember life before Noah was added to our family. He is such a delight to my heart. People have said to me how blessed he is to have us. The truth is that we are blessed and better because of him. The transition has been easier than we could have ever imagined. We have had a few rough moments but the joy and happiness far outweighs those times. We have him on a pretty strict rountine which I think has helped him adjust better. He sleeps great at night and takes usually a 2-3 hour nap per day. We had his appointment with the international adoption doctor. All of his test came back negative. We were pleasantly surprised. We also did our first bike ride through the metroparks. The first ten minutes of the ride, Noah squeeled with glee. I almost wrecked my bike because of laughing with him. Faith has settled in to her role as big sister and is doing a great job with him. Again we are amazed by God's kindness to us!
Life continues to be busy as we get ready for Seth and Mallorys wedding! Mostly everything that can be done on this end is done! Next weekend, with friends and family joining us at our home, we will dedicate Noah to the Lord. We are continuing to pray about going back on the list to do this all over but for right now we are just going to enjoy the next several months. Happy Mother's Day to all my friends. I am a better mom because of your friendship.

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie! Love those dimples! I'm so glad he's adjusting well to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, he is a HANDSOME little guy! Loved reading your update...can't believe it's been a month. WOW!

    ReplyDelete