Saturday, May 29, 2010

Unexpected Gifts Along the Journey

Back in August when we began this journey to bring our boy home, I had no idea how many good gifts God had in store for us. The first one being our amazing son. Not only is he the cutest boy from Ethiopia, he also has the sweetest little spirit! I can not wait to see how God uses him. The second biggest blessing would be all of the girlfriends I have gained through this. Our agency has a Yahoo group where you can gain support, information and encouragement. It really is hard to understand all of the emotions, pain and joy that you experience as an adoptive parent unless you have walked this road. These women got it!! This group actually became my church for a season. They let me scream, cry, laugh, swear, and rejoice:) The closer we got to bringing Noah home, the more concerned I got that these friendships would end. I am so grateful that that is not the case.

One of my closest friends actually lives about 40 miles away. She read my blog back in October and contacted me. We were so excited to realize that we were so close. We talked about the days that would come when our boys would be able to play together. She had her referral at this time but we did not. When we finally received our referral, I began to dream about our boys playing together. Well that dream became a reality last night!! Here are some of the pictures of our evening together and even a video of our dance party:)






Girlfriends, I want to thank each one of you for your friendship. Thank you for every time you listened to me cry, whine, scream, laugh, and cheer. I couldn't have walked this road without you! Dardi, thanks for opening your home to us! I can't wait for the next visit!!

3 comments:

  1. how beautiful and awesome! so glad that you had this playdate (the first of many :) with the two boys together. I too have been blessed by great friends...can't wait to actually meet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Monica!! And Dardi -- I see where K'Tyo gets his sweet dance moves from!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the dance party!!! That is so great you guys were all together!

    ReplyDelete