Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Single digits...9

Nine days until we are getting on the plane headed to Africa and our boy! Everyone has asked how we are doing and so far we are doing great. I think that we have everything that we need to take. Hopefully tomorrow we are going to pack everything that we will not be using so that we make sure that we can take everything we have. It has helped that we have had a ton of things going on. Last weekend was the shower for my future daughter-in-law. I am so grateful for her! She has been and will continue to be a great blessing to my son and our family! This weekend we will help her move into the apartment that they will be living in after they get married. A friend wrote to me last night that he couldn't wait to meet Seth's wife. As I read it, tears streamed my face. These past 21 years have flown by and now he is getting married. WOW!
Faith seems to be doing ok with the fact that we are leaving. Please pray for her as we prepare to leave. She is so excited for Noah to come home that I think that helps prepare her for our leaving. She has a rough time when Doug leaves for his 24 hour shift. My mom and sister will do a great job keeping her busy. She also gets to have a sleep over with Mallory the night before we come home so that gives her something else to look forward to. Plus I bought her a present to open for every day that we are gone.
Please continue to pray for us as we prepare to leave. Can't wait to share pictures of the newest Robinson in our arms. One last thing, we are picking Noah up on Easter! How appropriate is it that we will be starting our new life together on a day that we celebrate our new life in Christ! Once again I can say without a doubt that God's timing is perfect!!

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe it!!! I'm so glad to hear everything is coming together for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I keep saying this, but I am just SO excited for you to get there!!!!
    You are so far ahead of where I was with the packing-good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!!! Can't wait to hear details...by the way, I have a Noah:)..

    ReplyDelete