Tuesday, September 22, 2009

1st Homestudy Visit Done

We had our first home study visit last night! It was amazing. Our social worker was fantastic and it soon felt like we were just chatting with an old friend! I am amazed at the peace that I have as we are walking this journey. Yesterday we got a call from our agency to ask how quick we could be ready to accept a referral because there was a possibility of children that fit our request. Most of you who have known me for any length of time know that life with me can be a roller-coaster. Because of my passion, I can soar to great heights one minute and the next be in the depths of despair. I knew when we began this process that this was something God wanted me to mature in. The scripture that He gave me was Isaiah 26:3, You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you. Before this process began, I would have been going crazy yesterday but there was this steadfastness in my spirit that shocked even me. I did talk to the social worker and it looks like everything will be into USCIS by the middle of October. It should take only a couple of weeks from that time to get our I 171H. Once we have that, we will be able to accept a referral. That means that by the end of October we will be ready. It also means though, that the money will be needed asap. In my quiet time yesterday I was reading a book called Crazy Love by Francis Chan. He said, "But God doesn't call us to be comfortable. He calls us to trust Him so completely that we are unafraid to put ourselves in situations where we will be in trouble if He doesn't come through." By speaking to our church on Sunday and even just taking the steps to walk in faith concerning the finances of this adoption, we are putting ourselves in a place that HE has to come through! I know for a fact that every other time in my life, He has done just that. Because of that knowledge, it is easier this time. Thanks again to each of you who continue to encourage and support us.

We do have a venue for our Orphan Sunday event on Sunday November 8th. We are so excited to see what God does that evening. One of my favorite worship leaders is coming in from Columbus to lead. Can't wait to hear her amazing voice and be lead into the presence of God. Ryan Wilkins has also agreed to come and play. We love him and his family. He will also be bringing information concerning Blood Water Mission that he supports. You can check out more info here We will be having quite a few raffles (one night stay at Indian Bear Lodge cabin, corn hole game, Outback gift cards, gift baskets, etc.) It you are unable to attend but would like to purchase raffle tickets just let me know. Thanks again for all of you support.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Monica and Doug,
    I spoke with Craig last night and we want to be of any help that we can. We'll put our heads together (dangerous) and see if we can come up with something. Also, Craig wants us to put together a gift basket for the raffle. If that's okay, we'll work on that - Monica you mentioned what you already have, so we'll try to be unique - let me know if that's okay.

    - with Love, Kathy and Craig

    ReplyDelete