Sunday, September 13, 2009

Allow me to interject

As you can plainly see, Monica has done all of the posting so far, and doing a great job I might add. But every now and again, I will be jotting down a few thoughts, adding my 2 cents, ranting, whatever you would like to call it. Though the main content of this blog has been to chronicle our journey through the season of life we are in, particularly bringing home the next child (or children) God has for us, I will probably depart from this specific strain of thought to explore some bigger issues. Several months ago this blog (Because of the Gospel) was set up for me to have an outlet to express all that God was doing in my heart. In a nutshell, I spent about a year plumbing the depths of the gospel. The result was a deep conviction and growing appreciation and gratitude for the good news that IS Jesus Christ. During this time I actually drafted several posts but never got around to finishing the thought. So, no posts, until now. The decision to use this blog for our adoption journey seemed, dare I say, almost prophetic. Of course Because of the Gospel. The answer to the question "why adopt?" is found in and through the answer "Because of the Gospel".

So, here is a bit of the sampling of one of the posts I had thought about back in May of this year. Just a peek into the madness that is my thought process as I seek to know and follow Jesus Christ with all that I am. Consider these questions and leave your thoughts if you are so inclined:

Can we stop for just a minute? Good, now take a step back (figuratively speaking of course). Ok, maybe 2 steps back. Now take a long, slow look at the landscape of your life. What do you see? What do you see as you look at the day to day within yourself, your home, your neighborhood, your workplace, your church, your "life"? What is unmistakably present, even dominant? Is there anything strangely absent? What is clamoring for attention? What is "not-so-silently" draining your resources? What informs your sense of purpose? Is there a definable trajectory, a discernible direction that all the "stuff" of life is moving you toward? What (or perhaps who) seems to be the motivating force? Seriously, take a few moments and think about this.

Well? What's that look like?

1 comment:

  1. Deep... Things that make you go hmmm. -Jenny Duncan

    ReplyDelete