Tuesday, September 1, 2009

And so it begins

Today is the day that hopefully the check and application to our home study agency gets put in the mail. I was mailing it out yesterday but wanted to make sure that I had included everything that I needed to before mailing it. We are also hoping to get the application for our agency in the mail soon. We have to include a check for $2150 so we are waiting until all of the money comes in from Doug's mowing accounts that I just billed for.
Those who know me know that I am not good about waiting. This time is not any different except for the fact that I have been able to rehearse the times that I have tried to make things happen and the consequences of that. I do not want an Ishmael. I also remember when we were becoming foster parents. We were licensed in August and I was pushing for us to get a placement immediately. Had I gotten my way, we would have missed out on one of our greatest blessings. You see Faith was not born until September. I am so thankful that I am not the one in charge! God knows what is best for me and our family. The great thing about all of this is it keeps me totally dependent on Him. His word continues to propel us forward on this journey of faith.

Please continue to pray for us. Our greatest need for prayer right now is that our home study agency would be prompt and begin moving us along. In order to apply for any of the grants, we need to have our home study finished. So this is an important piece of the process. Pray that through this process we continue to be sensitive to the Lord's leading and refining. Pray for financial provision. Please pray for the people of Ethiopia especially the orphans. Lastly pray for our future son's birth mom. I found out that the day that we began to pray for Faith's birthmom was the day that Faith was conceived.

For those of you that are local, we will be speaking at our church, New Life Community in Valley City, on the 20th of September. We will be sharing with our church family about the journey that we are on. We would love to have you join us.

1 Thessalonians 5:24 The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it! Amen

1 comment: