Friday, February 26, 2010

Not for the Faint Hearted

I have come to the conclusion that adoption is not for the faint-hearted. It can be quite the emotional rollercoaster. Throughout this process I have been continually challenged to walk this out in a way that honors God. From the beginning I knew that God wanted to grow me in how I respond to life and circumstances. I have really grown in this area but the past several days have been very difficult. Part of the challenge has come from my desire for control. I am in the midst of doing Beth Moore's most recent version of Breaking Free. She uses Isaiah 30:15. In quietness and trust is your strength. The original word for quietness is shaqat meaning "to lie quietly, be undisturbed, to calm." The phrase that concludes this scripture is: "But you would have none of it" I unfortunately can relate to that. My hearts desire is to be totally submitted to God's timing and plan for bringing our son home unfortunately my flesh fights that regularly. So I am making a choice to surrender this to Christ. I think that I might have to do this every minute or so but I am determined to do it with the help of the one who already has won the battle for me!!! Please continue to pray for us and the timing of all of this. Pray that our son would continue to be healthy. Pray that he would know in his heart that a family is here so excited to add him to our craziness!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Monica! I "know" you from the Ian yahoo group! I am also going through Beth Moore's updated Breaking Free study and it is so good!!! So good for this time in our lives!! I struggle with fear and the adoption process sure does bring this to light!! Please pray for freedom for me and I will pray for freedom for you too!!! :o)

    Stacey C

    ReplyDelete